Thursday, March 8, 2012

Frames: burlap, horseshoes, chicken wire, and moss covered letter!

I've been dippin' in over at downtoearthstyle.blogspot.com a little too much; it has become a very guilty pleasure of mine. I love Holly's style and how inspiring her projects are. So, I decided to take some of her DIY inspiration, add a little Korreckt touch, and turn it into a little foyer love in our home! Please head over to Holly's blog for full detail's on the basis of these projects.

I had a few old frames laying around the house that I had been itching to use; so, in this first project I tied burlap strips around the frame, dangled an old rusty horse shoe with raffeta, and hung it in front of our existing mirror.

What do you think? I love the textures!


The next two picture frames were really beaten up, which I loved, but they needed a little paint. I busted out my flat, white spray paint and gave them a little touch up. Then I roughed them up by hand with a little sand paper. I found some rusty chicken wire in my well house and stapled it to the backs of the frames; I love the rust!! It really shows the character in age! I then hung a K that I had glued moss to with my spray adhesive glue and VOILA!!! 


I would love to find a way to hang that deer skull in the center of the second frame. I just need Cory's help before I get in trouble with that one! 


This space is still a work in progress, but I love the personal touch that it is starting to take on!


xoxo, Natalie





No comments:

Post a Comment