Monday, January 28, 2013

Before and After....THAT green set!!

I bought this set for $30 at a yardsale! I saw it and wasn't thrilled with the wood color or that lovely floral pattern, but the lines were beautiful! I knew that there was some promise after putting in a little elbow grease! 

Before:
 

AND After:

This was the usual furniture painting process. I removed the cushion and then sanded, primed, sanded, painted, dried, and painted again. I then decided that I wanted the grooves to stand out a little more and so I went back with a thin paint brush and white acrylic paint and painted the grooves!! I used a paper towel to smudge the acrylic paint a little. I didn't want a perfect look. It needed to look worn! For the fabric, I used good ole' drop cloth, $10 for a two pack! Can't beat it! 



 Here we used the chair as a prop for the photo booth at Harper's first birthday party. The color was great against the white sheet back drop!

Sweet Harper!



Happy Monday, Ya'll!
xoxo, Natalie





4 comments:

  1. Im so tickled you posted the history of the tables and chairs (30 bucks?? Wow!) I'm just starting to learn how to restore and reinvent little treasures I find, so thank you so much for sharing!! XO
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm learning too! If you ever want another's input or perspective, come get me! I enjoyed your company!

      Delete
  2. Great change! I am a huge fan of green. Don't ya just love when you pick up things for cheap and turn them into pieces that are more you? Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement and for stopping by! I, too, am a huge fan of green; it makes a statement but also works as a neutral! Can't go wrong there!

      Delete